Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day 6 - Midday - Healthy solid meal day BABY!

Helloooooooooooooo!

So today is HSM day and that means Healthy Solid Meal Day. Today's meal comes prepared by the great chefs at Baton Rouge. I'm planning to start off with a salada and then finish it off with a nice steak with some mixed veggies.

Funny thing is....I don't really feel like I need it at this point. Maybe things will change once I smell the aroma of a thick juicy steak attacking my nose hairs.

One thing to note: When we set goals for ourselves to achieve them, 90% of the time we stop ourselves right before we hit the finish line.

Today I took a wrong turn from the gym and took the 407 West instead of going East. I decided to take the next exit which was Bathurst and head north not necessarily knowing whether or not Bathurst will lead to to my street.

I end up heading north and not recognizing any streets getting really anxious. It's like 15 minutes and I'm still heading in a direction that I know leads to my house but still confused with the streets with weird names.

So I decide to turn into a street to turn back and start at the beginning. While turning into the street I reminded myself that we always tend to stop ourselves just before we hit the destination so I decided to keep going the way I was going.

2 seconds after heading north again I see my street and all is right in my world again. Weird how a long drive home can turn into an adventure and turn into a learning lesson all at the same time.

So when you are trying to hit your goals don't wuss out or purposely screw up. You are almost there, you just need to have faith in what you are doing and keep going the distance.

I can't wait to have my steak. Thanks for listening to my long ass story!

DG

No comments: