Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 2 - A collection of ramblings

Okay I didnt' have much access to the internet so I did all my journal posts on my Itouch:

Day 2

10:30am

Just got to My favourite starbucks in York Region (woodbine and Denison). I just had my morning bootcamp class today and the group of girls killed the workout.

As a matter of fact I may be biased when I say this but I have the coolest clients ever. When I say cool I mean that they have a great sense of humour, they work hard, they are dedicated and they don't make excuses.

The funny thing is that I wouldn't even mind hangin with these girls outside of class. I think that is the true definition of coolness in my books. If I can actually voluntarily hang with you without feeling obligated :P

I'm so lucky to have cool clients because I know that on the other hand I could be stuck with women completely opposite of these girls and I would be one depressed trainer.

So I'm a very happy and appreciative trainer.

Day 2 started weirdly. I woke up at 5am AGAIN for some ungodly reason.

Not sure why but I'm sure after I get used to the diet my sleeping patterns will get normal.

So far sooooo good. I gotta make sure to do something active today to keep my energy levels on par. If I don't do something I will have major lack of energy later on.

It's a funny thing to say. I need to expend energy to get more of it later on. It's weird but it works. On the days I don't exercise I am T-I-R-E-D.

On this diet it's important that I get my activity in even on rest days.

Talk soon...

11am

I'm starting this new thing called zen meditation where you sit down, relax your body and focus only on your breathing.

It's really getting the clutter out of my mind and helping me concentrate on the task at hand.

I can end up thinking about 50 things at once. One thought leads to another and it's just a vicious cycle that goes on in your brain.

It's just so nice to be focused on one thing...even if it your breathing.

Try it out for 5 minutes and tell me you don't feel diffrerent afterwards.

1pm

I did my Nepa (non exercise related activity) by walking around Markville mall getting my fitness on.

Nepa is kind of like moisturizing. You don't see immediate benefits when doing it but over time he rests add up to smoother skin and in my case...a better body.

Saw my friend jay and he asked what I'm doing...feeling proud I told him "I'm getting my walk on homie."

4pm

It's only day 2 but the sheer monotany of this diet is getting to me. At least I know I have a solid meal waiting for me on Saturday.

What I notice now is that before whenever I am bored I reach for something to eat. It takes my mind away from things.

Damn how could I miss that? I guess you can label this under emotional eating. Boredom is an emotion.

Damn two days and I'm already getting effed up. Just 26 more days to go. Yay. I may be complaining now but I know i'll persevere through this.

No excuses. I chose to do this and I must "finish strong" like I always tell my girls.

The good news is that I was able to use my rewards points toward my trip to Cali in April. Ill be there for a fitness conference so I'm hopin to hit some surfin in Laguna beach. Maybe chill with Lauren from the Hills. Yah right.

Okay rambling now. Time to chill the brain. Peace out.


Sent from my iPod

No comments: