Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 3

Day 3

I started off the day strong. Got a couple things off my To Do list done, going to workout then head to Starbucks to pump out another chapter of my book.

With the workout book...I write things down and I don't know whether people will like or not...all these different thoughts get into my head about whether or not people will actually read it, use it, like it, trash it etc...

It's what Seth Godin calls "The Dip".

Once you start working towards your goals you will have the little part of your brain that is resistant to change. It will give you all sorts of reasons as to why it can't work. It will try and convince you that what you are doing will fail so you shouldn't even bother to start anyways.

This is something you gotta deal with when you start to change or aim to change. And it will never go away. The best thing to do is recognize it when it happens. Get fascinated with it. At least that is what I'm doing.

I have all these thoughts of how I should write the book, what will the other fitness experts say when I write it...will they bad mouth me or consider me that kid who doesn't know much about fitness much less fat loss? Will my peers read my program and just straight up hate on it?

Will they laugh at me?

Well....there is only one way to find out. I'm not writing this for them. I writing it to make a difference in others. I'm doing the workout book so other people can experience the results people have experienced in my boot camps and personal training: getting back their high school body, wear nicer clothes, smaller clothes, gain confidence and self esteem in themselves to think that anything is possible.

They are who I am writing it for. As long as I remind myself of that...I think I'll be okay.

"The Dip" happens in everyone. I say that if it's important enough to you then just do it. If you fail you fail forward. You learn from your mistakes and make it better.

Don't fight "The Dip"...just recognize it for what it really is...anyways...what is the worst that can happen?

Just had to get that off my chest. Thanks for listening.

Dan

No comments: