Tuesday, February 26, 2008

BTW just a little note this program and other programs....

I have researched this nutrition program extensively and I intend to follow it to a T. No modifications of my own. Just following what I have researched exactly like it was outlined.

Now a lot of people who take on new programs like to add this in, take this out...basically bastardize the program to fit their own strengths/weaknesses. Just like this guy: www.velocitydiet.blogspot.com

"I've read the principles of the diet over and over again, and the more I study it, the more I'm convinced that it's the only way I can possibly lose the 10kg of fat hanging in my belly. Ofcourse, I need to couple the diet with rigorous physical training which I will also track down in this blog. I still haven't finalized my training regimen, but it would most likely include the following: weight-training (6 times/week), running (3 times/week), swimming (3 times/week), yoga (6 times/week). I know, I know it's fucking rigorous and I might just faint doing the regimen while on this diet---but I already have pledged to myself that I will *tweak* the diet (actually, quite substantially), by adding OATMEAL at every protein shake I will eat. In fact, I plan to add about 6 scoops of OATMEAL per shake, which will really up the carbohydrates level of the diet than it originally is."

If you look at his blog his first post was his last post. Now does that mean he wasn't successful? I can't assume such things but it leads me a question: If you decided to tweak a certain program then why follow the program in the first place?

You can't expect to see the same results that you are promised if you are doing your own thing. When I take on programs I always intend to do the program as is. Not more, not less.

The formula for success is:

1. Imitate the best
2. Understand where they are coming from
3. Come up with your own value system
4. Innovate on what you have learned

Now I can't say whether or not this guy has achieved his goals but if his blog is any indication of success I would say........probably not.

DG

No comments: