Friday, February 29, 2008

Midday




So funny thing happened when I got my haircut. While I was waiting this dude sits beside me and starts eating a donut. The funny thing is: I didn't care.

Not eating solid food should be tougher as time goes on but I'm feeling stronger. I get to have my solid healthy food day on Sunday. I'm beginning to think that I don't really need to have it but according to the plan it is a MUST.

The funny thing about following a plan or instructions is that you leave yourself no room for excuses. I thrive best when I am in a structured type of environment. No thinking involved. Just actions. A lot of options likely leads to cheating a disaster.

I guess that is why people hire personal trainers. We give structure and strict guidelines of what to do and what not to do. Plus we keep you accountable as well.

What happens if you combine the support & accountability of a trainer as well as 11 other people? A recipe for success. I'm beginning to see why Bootcamps and group training is the next big revolution in Fitness.

When I talk about group fitness I'm not talking about step classes, yoga or any other form of useless type of aerobics. I'm talking hardcore, work your ass off, results based group fitness conditioning. Just a thought...

DG

1 comment:

ironlady said...

I suspect that there is going to be some serious Structure and strict Guidelines if I do the Summer of Barb thing.... I hope its not going to be as crazy at this though...?

And yes, that is why people hire personal trainers - to keep them accountable. So, if you are a personal trainer, who is keeping you accountable? ;o)