Monday, March 3, 2008

Day 8 - 1st week in the Books - Measurements

Before:

Weight - 186 lbs
Chest - 36.25 inches
Waist - 35 inches
Hips - 38.25 inches

One week after:

Weight - 178.6lbs minus 7.4lbs
Chest - 35.5 inches minus 0.75 inches
Waist - 33.25 inches minus 1.75 inches
Hips - 35.25 inches minus 3 inches

Umm....so first impressions are: Wow.

The funny thing is almost everyone I haven't seen in one week is asking me if I lost weight. I would say a portion of the loss would be water but not a whole lot.

The most exciting part is losing the inches. I never really cared about the weight. The inches is important factor when approaching any weight loss program. I lost almost two inches from my waist (I can notice this especially in my pants) and THREE inches from my hips. My ass is getting smaller!

In my mind I am a little apprehensive about going further on this diet only due to the fact that I'm almost at my goal weight and inches. But the only way to fully understand the whole process is to finish the whole 28 days and 2 weeks transition period.

I'm done week 1. On to week 2!

DG

2 comments:

ironlady said...

That is pretty impressive for one week!!

But then I always say:
What you put in is what you get out.

It's a Universal Truth.

Except when it comes to the amount of effort you put in at work and your increase/bonus when you are working for a publicly traded company.

Perhaps your goal weight and inches were an under estimation of your body's potential? You should definitely push on.

Dan Go said...

THANK YOU BARB!