Saturday, March 8, 2008

This is actually getting easier....

11 lbs in two weeks. I'm at my goal weight of 175 and I'm pretty sure there is more to go. There is two more weeks left on this diet and I feel that my body and mind are getting used to it.

I'm not going to say that I don't get my cravings but they are becoming less harder to deal with. Not only that but I'm not craving crap foods. Steamed vegetables and a lean steak seem like heaven to me at this point.

People may ask, "You don't want pizza/chips/chocolate etc.. Is that any way to live your life?" Why do we crave such crap in the first place? I have come up with several reasons:

1. You are bombarded with advertisements about shit food ALL THE TIME that it you just turn off your brain and accept the message. It becomes hypnotic.

2. We eat because of emotions. Boredom is one. Stress is another. Fun and being socially acceptable is another as well. If you don't eat crap with your friends then you become a sort of social outcast. It dates back to the caveman days when we were all in tribes. No one wants to be socially outcasted from their groups. If you were not a part of a tribe and were outcasted then you might as well have died.

3. Once you decide to live a healthy lifestyle there will be others who want to pull you back into their own unhealthy ways out of fear. We call these people toxic. Stay away from these people as far as possible.

There are much more but you get the point. Once you decide to live a certain way and make positive changes there will be situations and people that are going to be challenging. The only thing you gotta do is know you are on the right path and keep going.

Eventually all the things that seemed to challenge you will go away because you have grown past the point of caring about all the little things. The goal is most important and it should always be that way.

DG

No comments: