Monday, March 24, 2008

Transition Day 2 - Training Day 2

So here is what I did today:

4 sets of forward lunge with hammer curl for 7 reps with each leg
Rest 45 seconds between each set

- These burned my biceps more than I thought it would. Great complex exercise and a good one to start off with. It elevates body temperature and probably activates the nervous system a bit. It's also hard to do!

4 sets of dip for 7 reps
Rest 45 seconds between each set

- Working the chest and tri's next. Used a 50 pounder and pretty much went to failure on the last set.

4 sets of bent over row for 7 reps
Rest 45 seconds between each set

3 sets of front squat for 6 reps

- One of the top 3 most hated exercises in my repetoire. I still have to find a medium where I can effectively hold the bar and not let my shoulders drop or choke myself.

3 sets of good morning for 6 reps
Rest 45 seconds between each set

2 sets of plank hold for 120 seconds
Rest 45 seconds between each set

Overall I had a great workout.

Then afterwards I had one of the most satisfying meals ever. Steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, baked sweet potatoes and baked chicken breast. Usually it tastes bland but today it was like heaven. Those taste changes are really kicking in and now what I considered the blandest foods on the planet taste amazing!

DG

No comments: