Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Training = Hardest thing ever

Before I even got out of my house to hit the gym I was met with a (1)HUGE pile of snow behind my car. Thank you so-called "snow plowers".

20 minutes later...

Alright I warm up my car and realize (2) I didn't put gas in there. Pit stop at the gas station to fill 'er up.

Then I hit the gym and I feel a (3) tummy ache. Awww poor baby. Want a wittle diaper? Whatever...I push ahead. I'm here anyways.

Why am I putting numbers behind these situations? Because I could have used any three of them as an excuse to not hit the gym.

I could have said, "Oh I'll just train tomorrow."

But no. I just went ahead and did it. I'm not giving myself a pat on the back for a job well done. I'm using this example to say that all excuses, rationalizations, and justifications are useless. If you really wanted it you would do it.

I've seen people drive in winter storms just to go partying on a weekend. Hell, I was one of them. But a little soreness, a little tiredness from their job and a favorite TV show is what stops people from taking care of themselves consistently. I don't buy into this. Neither should you.

Okay I'm done ranting for the day.

Training sucked. I was sucking wind the whole way through. I was "weak sauce" with the weights and I had the worst looking Face after each set. A face that said, "Are you kidding me???? 1 more circuit of this #%$#^%#?!?!?"

I'll be honest: I'm cranky as hell.

Only 18 days 8 hours and 23 minutes left of this diet ;)

DG

No comments: