Monday, March 3, 2008

Changing programs = A big waste of time

When I'm asked about the diet and I give the instructions I am following I usually get: "If I did this do I have to strength train?", "Can I add in one meal a day?", "Hey Dan: Why are you so damn sexy?"

Okay so the last one I made up.

Any time we do a program that is proven to give results we all want to make our own modifications to make it our own. In other words: Make it easier on ourselves.

If a program was designed to GUARANTEE that you lose 15lbs of fat only if you follow it's strict guidelines why would you want to change it? Now I can understand there are special cases such as:

- Professional athletes modifying to fit their sport and training needs
- People with existing medical conditions (who really shouldn't be trying anything so drastic in the first place)

I want to do this exactly as it is outlined. I was making excuses about not doing the half hour NEPA walks before but now I'm not. I am going to do this exactly the way it was outlined. That is the only way I can see if it works or not.

This is not a post for those people asking me questions. I love the curiosity and I love it when people ask questions!

The is a post for me. I was thinking "Fuck walking half an hour 5 days a week. That shit if boring and ineffective. I would much rather be blogging and watching TV. How many calories can I really burn by just walking anyways?"

I am re-dedicating myself to doing whatever is outlined in this plan. No excuses. No weakness. No more swearing.

If you get a program that is guaranteed to get your results follow it exactly as it is outlined. Don't make concessions and don't make excuses as to why you want to change the program. Be honest. You want to change it because you don't want to do what is necessary to be successful. You want to change it because you are lazy and not serious enough to hit your goals. You want that quick fix with the least amount of effort on your part.

I'm going to follow this to the dot on the "i" and the cross on the "t". That is the only way I can expect to see the BEST results.

DG

Ps. I only did 2 days of NEPA during that last week. Imagine if I did the full 5 days. Would I have lost 11lbs of fat instead of 9lbs? I can't get that time back. I can only move forward and kick my ass in the right direction.

2 comments:

ironlady said...

KICK!
Glad you have come to your senses. Does that mean that the program you will be outlining for me is non-negotiable?

Dan Go said...

Barb...you know I'm pretty hardcore. We'll be going over what I have planned for us. Whatever it is I know you'll be able to get through it. I've seen you in action so I know I can expect 110%.