Sunday, March 2, 2008

Solid Meal Day - Observations and Conclusion

A lot more subdued than I thought it would be.

Big thanks to the chef (you know who you are) for the salmon with veggies and brown rice. I should have taken a picture of the beautiful meal. Next time!

Observations

- I wasn't looking forward to it as much as I was before. I could have gone without it. But I gotta stick with the plan.
- Taste and smell were enhanced.
- I don't have a big need for sauces that I used to have. This salmon and veggies was slathered in a tomato sauce with a bunch of other things in it. I had to use my fork to take off the heavy sauce because I couldn't handle it.
- My stomach shrank. I usually could go more rounds but I could barely finish the salmon.
- I now know the difference between being satiated and being full. After this meal I was full. After my shakes I have just enough to get satiated and I don't get that tired feeling afterwards.

Conclusions:

- We usually eat to the point where we are FULL and can't move. You really don't need that much food to have a satisfying meal.
- Sauces mask the true taste your food. No disrespect to the chef because this is more of a realization than anything else. My next meal is going to be Filet Mignon with steamed veggies at the Keg (free advertising). I will not use any sauce at all and taste what the steak truly tastes like.
- I have a true appreciation for vegetables now. I actually stated that I could see myself being a vegetarian after this diet. But really: I'm a man and I love meat. I COULD be a vegetarian but I don't want to be.
- I don't want deserts anymore or any other type of junk foods. Thinking about them kinda makes me a little sick. Will this stay after the diet? I hope so.

Btw when I got home it was feeding time but I actually had to stop myself from eating another meal. My body and mind have gotten used to this thing called eating for the past 28 years. I don't expect that to stop.

21 days and 6 hours left.

DG

No comments: