Sunday, March 23, 2008

Day 28 - LAST EFFING DAY - WOOOOO HOOOOOOOO


Okay I'll admit...

Yesterday I was going to just say "fuck it" and start my transition into solid meals. My friend asked me to play some bball and I was itching to shoot hoops so I rationalized in my mind that I needed a meal to have extra calories to burn.

Then I proceeded to BITCH SMACK myself across the face and refocus on finishing what I started.

It's so damn easy to just fall off the wagon especially when you are 2 steps away from reaching your goal. BEWARE!

Today is my last day and it feels good. Assessment tomorrow and two week transition into solid meals starts. I already did some shopping for:

- Spices (helloooo Mrs. Dash. If Mr. Dash only knew what I have planned for you...)
- Chicken and turkey sausage (insert joke here)
- Supplements (more protein, protein bars, surge, fish oil, cla, milled flax etc..)
- Olive oil pam spray
- Those ziploc steaming bags

What has this diet done so far?

- 17 pounds lost so far. Probably 3-5 pounds of water. The rest is fat. DAYAMMMNN.
- 34 inch waist to 32 (31?) inch waist.
- I used to love beer. Now I could care less for it.
- Used to love chocolate and potatoe chips. Now I have the will to resist the temptation.
- Instilled healthy eating habits. Now steamed veggies with chicken feels like a cheat meal to me.
- I drink the amount of water I should be drinking now.
- I can schedule my meal times and write in a food journal without feeling like it's boring and tedious. I actually want to continue this for the next month or so.
- I have no more room for excuses, rationalizations, and justifications. One client told me that we need them (excuses). I said in a very nice way, "Fuck that. I don't need that weak shit."

I have a lot more but it's just not coming to me. This diet has been a physical, mental and spiritual journey all rolled up in 28 days. You learn a lot about yourself and life around you when you put your feet to the fire and really focus in on a goal.

You think you would know but you have no idea until you actually do it.

I'm not done yet though. I have a two week transition and I'm still going for that killer cover model body. I have a couple goals in mind right now that would pretty much blow anyone away and make them think I'm crazy sauce. But like they say....

"A finished person is a boring person."

DG

No comments: