Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Third week is the week of complacency


Okay so the 1st week was easy. The diet was fresh and apart from some blunders on my part I was pretty strong.

The 2nd week was the week of cravings. I had to battle my thoughts of food the whole week and by the end of it I came out stronger.

The 3rd week is the week of complacency. I have seen good results. I like my progress. I'm feeling somewhat accomplished for making it this far.

Now my thoughts are "I've gone this far. It's okay to have one more cheat meal." and "Just one bite wouldn't hurt. I've lost 11 lbs already, I deserve it."

I think it's about time I give myself a healthy dosage of "Shut the hell up." If you hear yourself saying the same things then I give you permission to do the same.

Once we start hitting our goals we get a little comfortable and weak thoughts enter our mind. I have to kick my own ass and remember that what I'm doing is not done. I have to finish strong. The cravings I can deal with. I just have to recognize my rationalizations and stay strong on the course.

I'll just shut the hell up now.

DG

No comments: